Monday, November 17, 2014

Legacy

Grandpa's in hospice. His kidneys have shut down and he has a few short days left.


I know he's lived a wonderful life. I'm reliving my memories of him: hiding from the Japanese and selling black market food to his neighbors from a canoe, getting his Master's degree when he was 40, climbing a coconut tree with a machete in his knife, praising me for finishing all the food on my plate (I know! Saving that for another blog.), teasing me for knowing more about U.S. history than I did (when I was 7).

Again, I don't feel like doing this, but I'll journal anyway because I always feel more centered when I do.

My successes: 
Following up on a lot of tasks on Saturday.  Spending time with my nieces.  Buying the Crayola "make your own paint" set for my niece (and also for me).  Only 1 day left of the 21-Day Primal Challenge.  Great team meeting Monday morning.

Gratitude:

  1. My family.
  2. Flexibility in my schedule.
  3. An incredible team in my business.
  4. The 81% increase in revenues this past year.
  5. Trust in the process.
A photo posted by Gail Nott (@gailnott) on
Gratitude for my Husband:
For being there even when I'm not fully here.

Gratitude for Me:
Always moving forward, even if it's an itsy bitsy, flat on my belly, crawl.

Investment:
Listening to Chris Hardwick's book, The Nerdist Way.  Already got these gems:
  • Results include getting paid & getting laid.  Who doesn't want that? :)
  • Knowledge is useless if it isn't shared.
Learning & Applying:
Choose a goal & focus on it.  Even if I don't feel like it, still going through my goals & journaling.

Integrity:
Complete ads and plan for clients. Visit Grandpa.

1% Shift:
A little bit at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment