Sunday, November 2, 2014

Appreciation & Gratitude for ME

Double Rainbow in Rohnert Park


Lately I haven't been consistent in journaling.  When I do journal, I'll write about my successes, lessons learned, what/who I appreciate, what did I promise to do, and what can I do today that will bring me the great return on investment (and that's not always about money).

My relationship coach, Katie Macks, gave me a slightly different journal exercise to do:

Write five things I'm grateful for.  Write one thing I'm grateful for about my husband.  Write one thing I'm grateful for myself.

What?  Me?

I criticize everything, but like a lot of people, I'm most hard on myself.  I have a long history of picking myself apart: my business, my education, my home, my office, my body, my decisions.  There's so much to choose from!

It's been a journey of learning how to truly love myself for who I am.  And even as I type that, the cynic in me peaks it's little head out and spits how cheesy that is.

Oh well. It's a process and I'm proud of how much I've grown.



So here's what I'm grateful for today:

  1. Gorgeous, cool weather.  I love the changing of the seasons!
  2. A lazy Sunday morning. I got to wake up without an alarm, enjoy my coffee, journal, listen to music, paint my nails, and play with my pets.
  3. My fuzzy slippers. Perfect for a cold morning.
  4. YouTube. You can watch these magical little movies set to music, called music videos.  ;)
    I miss my MTV!  At least I can now create a private playlist of my favorite songs.
  5. My crazy parrot singing along to the songs.

For my husband:  I am grateful to have a husband who reaches for his dreams.

And for me:  I am grateful for myself in taking the time to take care of my husband and my nieces.


That was challenging.  I felt myself tighten up while I scanned my brain, trying to think of what one thing I was appreciative about myself.  

Then I paused, took a deep breath, and acknowledged what I already knew.




No comments:

Post a Comment