|Double Rainbow in Rohnert Park|
Lately I haven't been consistent in journaling. When I do journal, I'll write about my successes, lessons learned, what/who I appreciate, what did I promise to do, and what can I do today that will bring me the great return on investment (and that's not always about money).
My relationship coach, Katie Macks, gave me a slightly different journal exercise to do:
Write five things I'm grateful for. Write one thing I'm grateful for about my husband. Write one thing I'm grateful for myself.
I criticize everything, but like a lot of people, I'm most hard on myself. I have a long history of picking myself apart: my business, my education, my home, my office, my body, my decisions. There's so much to choose from!
It's been a journey of learning how to truly love myself for who I am. And even as I type that, the cynic in me peaks it's little head out and spits how cheesy that is.
Oh well. It's a process and I'm proud of how much I've grown.
So here's what I'm grateful for today:
- Gorgeous, cool weather. I love the changing of the seasons!
- A lazy Sunday morning. I got to wake up without an alarm, enjoy my coffee, journal, listen to music, paint my nails, and play with my pets.
- My fuzzy slippers. Perfect for a cold morning.
- YouTube. You can watch these magical little movies set to music, called music videos. ;)
I miss my MTV! At least I can now create a private playlist of my favorite songs.
- My crazy parrot singing along to the songs.
For my husband: I am grateful to have a husband who reaches for his dreams.
And for me: I am grateful for myself in taking the time to take care of my husband and my nieces.
That was challenging. I felt myself tighten up while I scanned my brain, trying to think of what one thing I was appreciative about myself.
Then I paused, took a deep breath, and acknowledged what I already knew.